Please review and agree to the Terms & Conditions below. After acknowledging you’ve read them, you will receive instructions for registering for your instructor-led course.
Terms & Conditions for Instructor-Led Language Courses
By purchasing this course, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I understand that I need to be an adult (aged 18 and up) to participate in this course.
- I understand that 60-minute Zoom classes will occur once a week (See Course Description page for schedule). These 60-minute sessions are optional and are an opportunity to practice speaking the language and interact with peers and the instructor.
- I recognize that this course is a time commitment that averages to 6-10 hours a week, depending on my study style and my previous language learning experiences.
- I understand that the lesson exams will be open for one week at a time and that I need to complete them while they are open in order to be awarded credit.
- I understand that I will have three attempts on each of the exams.
- I understand that I will be granted a certificate of completion if I have an average of at least 70% on the course exams.
- I understand that I will be granted a certificate of distinction if I have an average of at least 90% on the course exams.
- I understand that I need to have access to a computer, internet, and video conferencing software in order to engage in this course.
- I understand that weekly Zoom classes will be recorded. Recordings will be shared only with the current cohort of classmates so that students can review the concepts covered in the live lesson.
- I understand that I will need to pay $50 to access the whole course. If I select to participate in the “grace period,” I recognize that I need to pay the $50 (unless the course is being offered at a discount) by the end of the seventh day in order to access the rest of the course. I recognize that I cannot be awarded a certificate if I only participate in the 7 day grace period.
- I acknowledge that my instructor has the right to set assignment due dates.
- I acknowledge that my instructor may need to cancel or reschedule meetings based on campus holidays or personal emergencies.
- I understand that the schedule of weekly lessons and content covered will be provided by my instructor via email at the beginning of the semester.
- I understand that I can contact my instructor for any language-related concerns that regard the materials. Instructors can be contacted at their email address and will respond within 24 hours, Monday through Friday. Each student can expect to receive a response to up to two emailed questions per week.
- I understand that the live Zoom lesson is offered in the Eastern Time Zone (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania).