Begin to strengthen your EBM skills and critical mindset to improve the quality of your decisions.
- Open & Free features
- What students will learn
- Learning objectives by module
- Course assessments, activities, and outline
- Other course details
- System requirements
Open & Free features
Open & Free Courses
- Open & Free OLI courses enable independent learners to study a subject on their own terms, at their leisure. Courses are:
- Open & Free courses include only the learning materials:
- No teacher.
- No tests.
- No college credit.
- No certificate of completion.
- *If your teacher gave you a Course Key, do not use an Open & Free course because your teacher will never see your work.
What students will learn
Module 1: The Basic Principles
Summarize the basic principles of evidence-based management; Explain why we need evidence-based management; Explain what counts as evidence; Determine which sources of evidence were consulted; Assess (coarsely and in general terms) the quality of evidence; Determine whether the ‘best available’ evidence was used in a decision-making process; Correct common misconceptions about evidence-based management.
Module 2: ASK
Identify (hidden) claims/assumptions regarding a practical issue; Determine whether an (assumed) problem is sufficiently clear; Determining whether there is sufficient evidence to support the (assumed) problem; Determine whether the preferred solution is sufficiently clear; Determine whether there is sufficient evidence (from multiple sources) to support the preferred solution.
Learning objectives by module
Course assessments, activities, and outline
Module 1: The Basic Principles Of Evidence-Based Management
Module 2: ASK – Critical Questions About Assumed Problems And Preferred Solutions
Other course details
- internet access
- an operating system that supports the latest browser update
- the latest browser update (Chrome recommended; Firefox, Safari supported; Edge and Internet Explorer are supported but not recommended)
- pop-ups enabled
- cookies enabled
Some courses include exercises with exceptions to these requirements, such as technology that cannot be used on mobile devices.
This course’s system requirements: