Begin to strengthen your EBM skills and critical mindset to improve the quality of your decisions.
- Open & Free features
- What students will learn
- Learning objectives by module
- Course assessments, activities, and outline
- Other course details
- System requirements
Open & Free features
Open & Free Courses
- Open & Free OLI courses enable independent learners to study a subject on their own terms, at their leisure. Courses are:
- Open & Free courses include only the learning materials:
- No teacher.
- No tests.
- No college credit.
- No certificate of completion.
- *If your teacher gave you a Course Key, do not use an Open & Free course because your teacher will never see your work.
What students will learn
Module 1: The Basic Principles
Summarize the basic principles of evidence-based management; Explain why we need evidence-based management; Explain what counts as evidence; Determine which sources of evidence were consulted; Assess (coarsely and in general terms) the quality of evidence; Determine whether the ‘best available’ evidence was used in a decision-making process; Correct common misconceptions about evidence-based management.
Module 2: ASK
Identify (hidden) claims/assumptions regarding a practical issue; Determine whether an (assumed) problem is sufficiently clear; Determining whether there is sufficient evidence to support the (assumed) problem; Determine whether the preferred solution is sufficiently clear; Determine whether there is sufficient evidence (from multiple sources) to support the preferred solution.
Learning objectives by module
Course assessments, activities, and outline
Module 1: The Basic Principles Of Evidence-Based Management
Module 2: ASK – Critical Questions About Assumed Problems And Preferred Solutions
Other course details
The modules are developed by The Center for Evidence Based Management (CEBMa) and are part of a larger certified master course. If you are a teacher/lecturer and would like to use these (or additional) modules in your class, or if you’re interested in taking the entire course, please get in touch with CEBMa.
All rights reserved by The Center for Evidence Based Management.
- internet access
- an operating system that supports the latest browser update
- the latest browser update (Chrome recommended; Firefox, Safari supported; Edge and Internet Explorer are supported but not recommended)
- pop-ups enabled
- cookies enabled
Some courses include exercises with exceptions to these requirements, such as technology that cannot be used on mobile devices.
This course’s system requirements: