STEM Readiness[Enter Course]
The STEM Readiness course provides a refresher of core skills related to STEM careers. The core skills covered are Mathematics from arithmetic to beginning algebra, Workplace Communications and Professionalism. The topics of the course are presented through workplace scenarios to show learners how these skills apply to their potential careers. In reviewing these core skills students will be better prepared to be successful in post-secondary STEM related technical programs and ultimately in STEM related careers.
Additional Course Details
- Estimated Time to Complete Course:
- The complete course will take approximately 15 hours to complete per section (Mathematics, Communications and Professionalism) for a total of 45 hours.
- Topics Covered:
- Beginning and Intermediate Arithmetic
- Measuring Systems
- Data Analysis
- Beginning and Intermediate Algebra
- The Cartesian Plane
- Critical Thinking and Workplace Communications
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Evaluation and Reporting
- Professional Skills
- Customer Service
- Organizational Skills and Time Management
- Job Search
- Professional Image
- Maintenance Fee (per student):
- Free for both independent learners and academic students.