Change Settings for a Particular Assessment
Access the Assessment Settings
- Go to the Syllabus and click on the activity that you want to schedule or click on the assessment directly in the course.
- Choose the “Update setting for this assignment” link.
- Some assessments provide multiple attempts. This setting will allow you to limit the number of attempts for your students. The default will provide the maximum available attempts.
- Scoring Model
- If you allow multiple attempts, you can dictate how the system should handle scoring. You can accept only the highest or lowest score. You can average the attempts or you could only accept the first or last score.
- You have the ability to set a password for your exams. You can give students this password or, if you plan to proctor in a lab environment, you have the option to give this password to a TA instead.
- Late Submit
- If your assessments are timed, this will determine how you the system will handle an attempt to submit an assessment after the deadline.
- Late Start
- If your assessments are timed, this will determine how you the system will handle an attempt to start an assessment after the deadline.
- Grace Period
- The amount of time (in minutes) that you will accept late work as if submitted on time. Your Late Submit settings will not apply to any assessment submitted during the grace period. The grace period is not displayed to students.
- Time Limit
- Will allow you to set a time limit for your exams. This time is in minutes.
Note: A timed test “starts” when the student hits the “start” link. If using a password, the password will unlock an attempt but it will not start the attempt, nor will it detract from the time allowed.
- Feedback Mode
- Determines what feedback the system will give each student and when that feedback will be displayed.
- Review Answers
- Sets whether or not a student will be able to review their answers before receiving feedback.