My Courses Dashboard
This guide will orient you to the essentials of the My Courses dashboard as quickly as possible. If you have questions or run into technical difficulties, please contact us and we will be glad to assist you. There are also both live and recorded webinars that can guide you through setting up and running your courses.
The above graphic depicts the “My Courses” block of an instructor’s homepage. As an instructor, your homepage will display several links to course management tools and pages.
- Unscored Assignments
- If your course contains assessments that require you to grade the student’s work in whole or in part, an alert will appear on your homepage anytime there is an assignment that is ready for you to grade. It will also display the number of assessments waiting for you. Clicking this link will bring you to the list of ungraded assignments.
- Manage Course
- The Manage Course page provides access to all of your course management tools including managing the student roster, course settings, assessment settings, teaching assistants, etc.
- Gradebook and Feedback Reports
- Direct links to both your main gradebook and any available feedback reports. These links are also available on the Manage Course page.
- Create a New Course
- A direct link to the Course Builder application. You can use Course Builder to create a new course. You can also use it to edit, copy, or delete an existing course.
Note: You can only delete a course if there are no students registered. Once a student registers for a course, the system will not allow you to delete the course and possibly interrupt the student’s work.