OLI systems are currently providing normal levels of service.
- 5/2/1017 11:15 PM
- A DNS outage made OLI’s course systems temporarily inaccessible for some users today, from approximately 11:00 to 11:07 PM. Systems have recovered and are now operating at reasonable levels. We will continue to monitor the systems for additional issues.
- 9/12/2016, 12:30 PM
- We have upgraded a number of elements of the OLI system over the weekend, which has expanded the system’s capacity. These updates have dramatically improved system response times and overall robustness.
- 9/06/2016, 10:03 PM
- We have made targeted adjustments to the OLI systems to better accommodate increased system load; these adjustments have improved performance and returned our systems to normal levels of service. We continued to see high usage, related to the the start of the Fall semester. This high load may occasionally slow system response time. We continue to work to expand capacity and improve system robustness.
- 9/06/2016, 9:10 PM
- We are currently experiencing record levels of traffic conjunction with the start of the Fall semester. This traffic is currently stressing our systems, leading to slow system response time and errors. We are current working to improve system capacity. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 8/30/2016, 1:00 PM
- The major effects of the recent DDoS attack appear to be mitigated and OLI systems are now providing normal levels of service. Thank you for your patience as we’ve worked to respond to the attack. We continue to see high load related to the start of the Fall term.
- 8/29/2016, 4:00 PM
- Countermeasures have been employed to combat the ongoing Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack, at the OLI systems and CMU network level. We strongly thank the CMU Information Security Office for their work in identifying and combating this attack.
- 8/29/2016, 2:38 PM
- CMU’s Information Security Office has notified us that the OLI systems have been under a sustained and substantial Distributed Denial of Service attack, which is directly responsible for the recent system slowness. We are actively working to manage this issue and will provide routine updates as we continue. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing to our learners and educators.
- 8/29/2016, 2:00 PM
- OLI users are experiencing intermittent slowdowns in service, likely from a combination of high start-of-the-semester usage and DNS lookup issues relating to our transition to cloud base services. We are actively investigating this issue and hope to have improvements in place to mitigate soon.
- 8/29/2016, 12:00 PM
- OLI systems are under significant load with the start of the fall semester; users may experience occasional slowdowns in service, but the systems are operating at reasonable levels at this time. We continue to actively monitor the systems.
- 8/26/2016 2:41 PM
- A brief outage on the AWS DNS system made OLI’s course systems temporarily inaccessible today, from approximately 2:11 to 2:17 PM. Systems have recovered and are now operating at reasonable levels. We will continue to monitor the systems for additional issues.